Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Update and New Eggs

After about a year of convincing Sarah that we could not live without a Big Green Egg, as well as the complete disintegration of our propane (we got it free) grill, we have our Big Green Eggs. One small, one large. The BGE is proclaimed as the worlds best smoker/grill. I'll put it through the paces and report on that lofty claim.

In addition, to fuel my addiction to odd hobbies, Sarah got me a meat grinder and Charcuterie by Ruhlman and Poclyn. She's forgotten what she's gotten into by "Living the Lock Life." It is, after all, me that drive most of the insane things that go on around here. And gifts are, I think, implied permission, aren't they?

As an example, I've come across my new food hero - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall from the River Cottage. That would be me, if space, Sarah and the town would allow. But they won't, so it isn't. To (over)compensate for that fact, I'll be making sausage and various other charcuterie, smoking things, making bread and pizza, growing our garden, fly fishing and tying. And likely other half-brained attempts at hobbies. If all goes well, I'll elucidate my experiences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment