Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A1 News Interview

We had a visit from the A1 news today about our chickens! Aaron came home from work over his lunch and we both had a short interview about our backyard chickens. The man who conducted the interview actually grew up on a farm and had chickens and has very fond memories of letting them out of their coop and watching them run around. We spoke about the benefits of raising chickens and its educational value for the children. Aaron was a much better speaker than I; I was unbelievably nervous! I am just hoping I didn't say "umm" too many times and pause for to long to gather my thoughts. We shall see how it went tonight. Our story will be aired at 6pm and again at 11pm. The reporter wasn't sure if the story would be a piece done by him with some clips or if it will feature our interviews. Either way, our message will be heard by many locals and hopefully we are able to open some eyes as well as some minds and hearts.

As well as the media support, we have received some other influential contacts that are going to be assisting us with our cause and help us to keep our birds and possibly even change the laws against them. This is something that my husband and I feel very strongly about and we will fight for the right to educate our children and to make our planet a better place for our children's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment