Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Dessert!

For Thanksgiving dinner we decided to make a... you guessed it, a pumpkin ice cream.  I found the recipe from David Lebovitz Blog.  Now, if you like pumkin pie, you will L-O-V-E this recipe!  The only thing we did different was not straining the mixture prior to putting it in the ice cream maker.  I think this step was to eliminate any chunks that may have been in the pumpkin puree.  The texture ended up being a bit "loose"... I am not sure how else to explain it.  The flavour was fantastic but I think not straining the pumpkin puree was the cause of the different texture.  The texture was not a bad thing, just not creamy, though it was still smooth in your mouth.  
Churn baby churn!
VOILA!
We brought the IC over to my brothers for dinner with the family and served it with a ginger and cinnamon snap cookie.... DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment