Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011

Earlier this year in January my cousin had posted a pay it forward post stating that I would make the first 5 people who comment on my post something homemade sometime in  2011.  Of course I procrastinated until the very last moment.  I now am scrambling to make something for the 5 people on my list.  I have my cousin, one of my bff's, my Dad's fiance, Aaron's friend (and mine) from work and an old friend on the list.  So far I made a scarf for Aaron's friend Mike... since he lives about an hour away and Aaron will see him Friday, I completed his first (even though we saw him last weekend... I hadn't even started yet!).  I call it the Sanderson Scarf!  :)


 Using a 9mm hook, I used a simple double crochet pattern.  I stitched 20 across and keep track of the rows, but I went until it hung across Aaron's neck and the ends were past his bellybutton.  I added some detail by skipping some stitches.








I have a few ideas for the others on the list; they are all women so they tend to be a bit easier to make for.  I may do a few different things and make some baskets but I have not decided yet.  I wish I had started earlier so I didn't have to rush so much, but it wouldn't be Christmas without a mad dash to get... in this case MAKE... last minute gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment