Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shake Shake Shake!

I purchased a Oster My Blend Blender for Christmas this year so we could make shakes and simply grab and go.  So far it works great.  My only complaint would be the lids for the travel ups.  The mouth is very wide and the liquid is often on the lid and isn't covered by the lids flip cover.  Aside from that, it is a great little blender and very convenient and easy to clean and I would definitely recommend getting one if you enjoy shakes.

So I have been dabbling with different shake recipes with our milk kefir and now our homemade yogurt.  There are so many different combinations and ingredients you can add to shakes, there really is no right or wrong.  Between our milk kefir, kefir cheese (which is more like yogurt) and now our homemade yogurt... I can make any number of healthy, probiotic booming concoctions.

Here are a few recipes I have tried so far in my new shake addiction, measurments are approximate... simply eyeball it... there is no wrong recipe.  Simply mix your ingredients, blend and enjoy!

Strawberry Vanilla Shake:
1/2c yogurt (I used homemade)
1/2c milk kefir
1/4c fresh or frozen (preferably organic) strawberries
1tbsp honey (I used local)
1/4-1/2tsp vanilla extract (depending on your preference)

Strawberry Avacado Shake:
1/2c yogurt
1/3c kefir cheese
1/4c milk
5  fresh or frozen strawberries
1/4 of an avacado, sliced
1tbsp honey
1/4tsp vanilla extract





Bluberry Burst Shake:
1c milk kefir
1/2c kefir cheese
1c fresh or frozen blueberries
1tbsp honey

Strawberry Banana Shake:
1c milk kefir
1/2c yogurt
1 small banana, sliced (or 1/2 of a large banana)
5 or so large strawberries (10 small)
1tbsp honey
1tsp vanilla extract



Clearly we have frozen local blueberries and strawberries on hand since that is my most common ingredient so far.  We do have some organic frozen raspberries and mango that I will play around with soon.  I also need to purchase more Matcha to add to my shakes for an antioxidant boost!

Shakes... the possibilities!!



No comments:

Post a Comment