Friday, February 10, 2012

Yummy Slaw!


I am a lover of coleslaw!  Now, I am not the biggest fan of those creamy dressing you find, but as for a nice vinaigrette... I simply cannot pass them up!  Cabbage be it cooked or raw, is delicious!  I could eat cabbage rolls and coleslaw daily.  I have a favourite coleslaw recipe that I think I have posted before with parmesan cheese and chick peas but I have recently been enjoying a mediterranean style slaw.  I simply chop up some slaw with a variety of vegetables such as carrots, red onion, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc and toss in some sliced olives and crumbled feta with any greek/mediterranean dressing and VOILA!  I used a bottled greek dressing since it is all natural ingredients and sold by a local gyro place, 3Gyros.  Whipping up a greek dressing takes little effort: simply add some EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and some s+p... but the 3Gyros dressing is all natural and super delicious so I simply cannot resist the convenience.
So simple, yet so delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment